Found sculpture - lesson idea

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2003
      Dear Art Educators,

      Mary Bolyard shared her found sculpture idea with the
      Getty list. I have some images of her student work on
      Incredible Art Department:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/7-alebrijes.htm
      Click on Found Object Sculpture at the top. Mary had
      her students make an armature (the same way as the
      Animalitos)- apply one layer of plaster gauze - then
      they glued on the found objects. It looks like some
      students painted their sculpture first. If you are on
      a tight budget - you could have students paper mache
      instead of plaster gauze.

      Thanks for sharing, Mary.

      =====
      Judith Decker