Neat Drawing ideas - middle school and up

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2003
      (Wendy - thought I would share with the other lists - tell more about the
      figure drawing)

      Dear Art Educators,

      An Art Education list member was asking for contour drawing ideas......Check
      out what Wendy Free's students have done with bell peppers.
      They learned a variety of drawing techniques.
      http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/wendypaigefree
      Click on the Peppers folder.

      The compositions were based on real bell pepper models. They did realistic,
      shaded, detailed pencil drawings/studies of different views first. The
      final composition was a combination of at least 3 pieces of these drawings.
      Wendy pushed for abstract but some were still pretty realistic in the end.
      They practiced creating value with watercolor washes, ink stippling, and
      directional lines a la van Gogh. The final pieces are 24x36 and combine
      watercolor and ink. You could include other vegetables, too, if desired.

      Also click on Figure drawing. This is a very nice lesson combining pattern.
      I can see this as a good introduction to fashion design, too.
      Wendy, please share a little more about your figure drawing lesson. Post to
      Getty list and I'll forward it to the to the others.

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Jdecker@...
      http://www.incredibleart.tk