American Sculptor - Impressionism Tableaux

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2003
      Dear Art Educators,

      J. Seward Johnson. Jr. has come up on ArtsEducators
      list. I have added a link on American Artists:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/america.htm

      There is now an exhibit at the Corcoran Gallery in
      Washington DC. "Beyond the Frame: Impressionism
      Revisted"
      http://www.corcoran.org
      Audiences can explore 18 life-sized tableaux,
      previously known only as paintings. Johnson invites
      visitors to walk into sculptures inspired by
      masterpieces from the French Impressionist era and
      experience the work in three dimensions. On view at
      the Corcoran Gallery of Art from September 13, 2003
      through January 5, 2004

      Dale Smith - ArtsEducators member has seen the
      exhibit.

      I just thought this might spark an idea for a middle
      school or high school sculpture project (maybe ceramic?)

      =====
      Judith Decker
      Incredible Art Department
      Jdecker@...