good items to practice contour drawing

  • lillisb
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 9, 2003
      I am looking for items that make good 'starting' objects for high
      school students to practice contour drawing. I've done peppers,
      popcorn, leaves, flowers, shoes, and hands. But I'm looking for some
      new ideas. Anyone got any?
      thanks
      Lillis
    • octopi77@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 9, 2003
        Lillis,

        Crushed soda cans and cane back chairs are interesting subjects.

        Caroline
      • vickie mathas
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 10, 2003

          I suggest Hats, all kinds of hats. I have saved old fashioned hats from my mother's day.

          You can make it fun by trying them on and modeling the hats and then arranging them as

          you take them off. Keep them in a bag until you put them on the table. You could even ask the kids to bring hats in and form a collection of each class.

          good luck

          Vickie

          I am looking for items that make good 'starting' objects for high
          school students to practice contour drawing. I've done peppers,
          popcorn, leaves, flowers, shoes, and hands. But I'm looking for some
          new ideas. Anyone got any?
          thanks
          Lillis

          Enter now for a chance to win a 42" Plasma Television!
          AOL users go here
          This offer applies to U.S. Residents Only
        • lillisb
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 11, 2003
            Thanks Vickie, what a fun idea! Can even raid the lost and found from
            our school!
            Lillis
            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "vickie mathas" <vmathas@l...>
            wrote:
            > I suggest Hats, all kinds of hats. I have saved old fashioned hats
            from my mother's day.
            > You can make it fun by trying them on and modeling the hats and
            then arranging them as
            > you take them off. Keep them in a bag until you put them on the
            table. You could even ask the kids to bring hats in and form a
            collection of each class.
            > good luck
            > Vickie
            > --