uses for melamine and formica scaps

  • eileen.ciavarella@pequannock.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2007
      Hi everyone,

      I have the opportunity to receive cutoffs from a company that makes large displays. They have pieces of formica sheets that are 2' x 6' and sheets of lightweight board that are laminated with melamine on both sides (it is the thickness of foamcore, but it can not be cut with utility knives). The melamine boards are 2' x 8'. They also have plexi cutoffs which I have used for inking plates, monotype plates & palettes. The plexi is at least 1/4" so it is hard to cut small pieces and it is hard to scratch into.

      Do any of you have ideas on how I can use this stuff? Storage space is limited, so I don't want to take things I can't use.