Art for At Risk Students

  • mrsjillhare
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2007

      If anybody teaches art to at risk students, you should read this!

      Story: Art Therapy

      It's uplifting for art therapy!

      Jill
    • Jeff Pridie
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2007
        Hi,

        Sixth graders are really focused on themselves and
        friends. Doing projects that deal with them or their
        friends make them happy. They love to do word design
        projects...their names...friends names. Constructing
        things to make them happy....design their bedrooms
        using a variety of materials cardboard, wallpaper,
        carpet, paint, etc., construct a tennis shoe out of
        clay then glaze or paint it in a creative fashion that
        describes their personality, take the images they
        create on the computer and make them into paintings
        etc, have them create a childrens book using their
        cartoon skills, have them create political cartoons
        dealing with issues that relate to students (maybe one
        about not being put into the middle school), poster
        designs, C.D cover designs of favorite songs, create
        an ad for a product, teeshirt designs,
        etc.

        Just some suggestions

        Jeff (minnesota)