Getty list update

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2007
      Dear Art Educators,

      I know many of you on Art Education and ArtsEducators are also Getty
      list members.

      I called Getty today and spoke with someone involved with
      TeacherArtExchange list. The digest is down and can not be fixed.
      There is a problem with the software. I also told them that there is a
      problem with registration (as many have tried to switch to individual
      posts and that doesn't work).

      They are looking into new software - so the digest will be down for a
      while. I suggested they find a software that will scramble/truncate
      email addresses so they can not be harvested.
      My email address has been posted by Getty list members over 200 times
      (now it is in archives 291 times - I just checked). I am getting so
      much much Spam now as a result... I even got spam from "me" today
      (spoofed email address, of course).

      Getty members - please remember to edit out the email address when you
      click "reply" - simply highlight the address - and cut. Not all email
      programs show the email address of the sender.... but if yours does,
      take the couple seconds extra to remove it (I always do). Gmail, AOL,
      Hotmail, Yahoo, Earthlink.net.... are all email programs that have
      shown the email address of sender. There may be more. Microsoft
      Outlook does not show the address of sender.