Very cool Mailart project for students

  • LLMDunn
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2007
      THE FUNDRED DOLLAR BILL PROJECT
      A unique artwork made of millions of drawings.
      Student's drawing will be part of a giant performance
      and collective
      creative action!

      This is a national project intended to support the
      rebuilding of New
      Orleans by making the environmental conditions safer
      for its residents. The "artworks"created by your
      students will be collected by armored truck and
      delivered to The
      Federal Reserve and Congress in Washington D.C. where
      an even exchange of the value of their art currency
      for actual funds or services will be requested.

      The project is appropriate to introduce social
      studies, political
      science, orart and design. Ultimately we hope your
      students' contribution will demonstrate that their
      creative actions can make a difference. If you have a
      student from New Orleans this project can be a method
      of reconnecting with their home in a positive and
      tangible way.

      A simple lesson plan is available for download on the
      FUNDRED DOLLAR BILL PROJECT website:
      http://www.fundred. org/.
      Password: Paydirt.

      If you questions and/or are interested in your school
      being a
      collection center, please e-mail:
      questions@fundred. org
    • arizkma
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2007
        This sounds so fun, but I can't believe the bills need to be color
        copied for all students. This is impossible for me, and I bet also for
        many other people who would like to participate. I contacted the site
        about it.

        ~ Kathleen
      • James Cipalla
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2007
          I was thinking the same thing - please keep us updated if you hear back from them, Our Big Idea this semester is "Transformation" and this would work out great.

          Namaste,

          Jim Cipalla

          Art Teacher, Northside Middle School
          Norfolk,Virginia
          Vice President, TVAEA (Tidewater Virginia Art Educators Association)
          JCipalla@...

          Art is made of love,heart,creation and feelings, you go deep inside to find an artist of beautiful creation. A creation from an artist isn't just a drawing, or a painting but a feeling or a thing that lives inside. Art is creations from people's hearts. Art brings out personality and love. Art is the feeling of Joy.
          = A.B. = One of my wonderful Sixth grade students.

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 4, 2007
            I received an e-mail back from Mary. She said that they are printing
            some bills in color and asking people to pay the postage. Contact her
            at the site to find out more info.

            ~ Kathleen