Re: [art_education] supply list

  • Anna K. Ball
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 28, 2007

      yer welcome!

      --anna
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Friday, September 28, 2007 9:23 AM
      Subject: Re: [art_education] supply list

      Thank you!

      Mike

      >>> "Anna K. Ball" <magpie@...> 9/27/2007 5:11 PM >>>

      wow--

      on my wish list there'd be a kiln and clay and glazes.  kids love clay!  Maybe if you can't get a kiln (shaving 16,000 from a budget might be apropos here) , then maybe some clay- like materials.  fimo and a toaster oven?  modeling clay?

      also, regular pastels as well as oil pastels

      glue,
      colored sand.  (whoever wrote and suggested that my kids draw with glue and then sprinkle colored sand on top, thank you--this has probably been one of my most successful lessons)

      I just got some texture plates and am enjoying those

      tempera paint and watercolor paints

      when you get enough money get GOOD brushes or at least almost good ones

      scissors that can cut cardboard (these were sent by mistake once--you know the kind that EMTs use?  but now I love them--they'll cut anything!)

      paper mache paste (easier than glue and water though I'm convinced glue and water makes for a stronger product)

      anyway, that is my can't do without list,,

      anna in western sd