Re: What to do with 4th grade scribblers?

  • aliteachesart
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 27, 2007
      > Shellee,

      I had a similar thing happen today with paint in first grade! I bet these kids haven't picked
      up a crayon for fun in years (except for the two that followed directions, they draw all the
      time I bet). In the classroom they are told what to do and with what color. They know you
      are not grading them so they are taking the opportunity to mess around. I think they
      have to start again, they have forgotten your expectations. The kids who are ready should
      be able to finish and move on to some sort of choice materials. The scribblers could have
      a chance to restart on smaller paper and maybe that would finish on time. With holding
      the paint sounds good, they need to prove they respect art materials. A checklist or rubric
      for the steps could get them in line too. Good luck, let us know how you solved the
      problem. Ali B.