Books and Pre-k

  • hollingsworth005@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2007
      There are lots of books that can be used with children and art. I like to browse in the children's section and get ideas. I use Giraffes Can't Dance ( we paint a big sheet all yellow and add brown dots - then they draw the giraffes the next week on the paper- (good for looking at form-arms and legs in action) Little Blue and Little Yellow Leo Lionni grat for color mixing.. I Can Plant a Rainbow Lois Ehlert Badly Drawn Dog ( we use it during D week when we make a drawing dogs book and I have a big supply of Beanie Babies -all sorts of dogs to put on their tables to look at while they draw) Brown Rabbit's Shape Book - there is a series of Brown Rabbit books Snowballs by Lois Ehlert a great book for collage, Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner
      These are just a few - I can find more when I get back to school. I am unfortunately spending our 3rd week of school in bed with mono. I missed our firs week of meetings and inservice because of pneumonia. Hasn't been a great start to the year. You would think I was a first year teacher who tend to catch every germ bouncing around! At least if gave me a chance to read about 3 weeks of emails!
      Jeryl in SC
    • likebuttaplaytoast32
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2007
        Thanks for the great ideas... I've been searching for new K-1 lessons.
        Thank you!!

        Karen