RE: [art_education] Old powdered tempera

  • Terri Noell
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2, 2007
      I mixed mine with beach sand and use it for all my students' sand
      art/painting progects...works great!
      Terri
      k-5 Florida

      >From: "Vicki Kolden" <vickolden@...>
      >To: <art_education@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: [art_education] Old powdered tempera
      >Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 23:16:42 -0500
      >
      >Hello Everyone!!!
      >
      >I have been working in my new Art classroom and feeling very thankful for
      >my new job. I am starting my 20th year as an art teacher and I feel like a
      >first year teacher again...It is a bigger school than I am used to....with
      >bigger classes than I am used to and I am a little nervous about it... No
      >more commuting...YES!!! and a dream art room. I am very thankful. I
      >have been working in my room and getting things ready for the 2007-2008
      >school year....I have a question. Someone has been cleaning out some old
      >art supplies from some storage closet shared with the custodians and some
      >other teachers and brought me several boxes of old...old...powdered tempera
      >paint...I really don't want to use it anymore...I am not sure but I think
      >some of it may have been here since 1971 when I was a seventh grader here.
      > he he he I would like to throw it but I was just wondering is there any
      >use for the stuff anymore??? I think the safety/osha people don't want
      >us to be using powdered stuff much anymore....Does anyone know...???
      >
      >thanks,
      >Vickie in Minnesota

      Test your celebrity IQ.� Play Red Carpet Reveal and earn great prizes!
      http://club.live.com/red_carpet_reveal.aspx?icid=redcarpet_hotmailtextlink2
    • Paige Conn
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 4, 2007
        I look forward to the follow up information on the Lawn Painting!

        Paige