Re: [art_education] Re: index cards

  • Anna K. Ball
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2007
      Use them for making tesselation templates ala jim mcneill.  see http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/mcneill.htm

      He has a GREAT video.

      anna in sd
      needing to change the fish water

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2007 12:55 PM
      Subject: Re: [art_education] Re: index cards

      I fold them (or have the kiddos do it) in half horizontally with the plain side out. The first day of school, or first class, students put their name on them...big, bright colorful, READABLE .  They then go in an envelope in their table folder, and are brought out every class as "Table Tents" or nametags. Even though I have seating charts, it's great to help learn names of new students, and a big help to substitutes.

      linda mcconaughy <lmcconaughy@ bcps.org> wrote:

      This sounds like a fun challenge to pose to your students!

      --- In art_education@ yahoogroups. com, "go4art@..." <go4art@...> wrote:

      > We have to place orders from our Educational Service District in
      January. Well they came in today. Thinking I was ordering 4 packets
      each of 3 x 5 and 4 x 6 index cards, I ordered 4 boxes and now have
      8000 !!!! We use them for, among other things, viewfinders, but I am
      feeling a little brain dead about what else they might come in handy
      for or some creative use.

      > any ideas appreciated ;-)
      > creatively, Linda in Oregon

      Got a little couch potato?

    • Brandy
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 2, 2007
        -To help the students paint a mural, by adding MANY many together
        after the students have coloreded on them. As long as the design is
        on the card before they color it (paint, pencil, crayon) it won't
        matter, and the end design will show the style and personality of the
        individual while creating a single, larger work of art. Hmmm.. I
        might try this for our library exhibit because I can never get all the
        kids to give me a work of art to hang there :)
        what fun possibilities!
        Regards
        Brandy

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "go4art@..." <go4art@...> wrote:
        I ordered 4 boxes and now have 8000 cards!!!!
        > any ideas appreciated ;-)
        > creatively, Linda in Oregon

      • Kelli Wilke
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 3, 2007
          Linda,
          My kids make their own postcards using index cards.  I give them a specific theme depending on the class and then they draw thumbnail sketches and then do the final drawing on their "postcard".  I use the back to write a note home to their parents and I send it home in the mail.  Most kids get a kick out of getting their own postcard in the mail.  I've even had a student tell me that their postcard got them out of being grounded because it had positive comments on it.  :)  It's been a big hit.

          Kelli in NE

          "go4art@..." <go4art@...> wrote:
          We have to place orders from our Educational Service District in January. Well they came in today. Thinking I was ordering 4 packets each of 3 x 5 and 4 x 6 index cards, I ordered 4 boxes and now have 8000 !!!! We use them for, among other things, viewfinders, but I am feeling a little brain dead about what else they might come in handy for or some creative use.

          any ideas appreciated ;-)
          creatively, Linda in Oregon

          Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!