What artists DO

  • Sheba
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2007
      So I am making a BBoard for my class with the heading of "What
      Artists DO" and want to have some middle school language statements
      of things artists do. I thought I saw a good list one time and can't
      find what I am looking for.... I had some amazing ideas for it the
      other night as I was falling asleep/laying awake... but lost them in
      dreamland.

      Here is some directions I am thinking of and I would love to have
      some ideas to add to the list.... I am also going to do a class
      brainstorm to have the kids add but want a few up to start the year.

      EXPLORES:
      Finds hidden meaning in art
      looks at pictures of art
      finds new ideas in books, magazines and internet

      EXPERIMENTS:
      Use new art supplies
      try the same idea in a different medium
      work backwards
      draw upside down

      COMMUNICATES:
      Shares art with friends
      Ask for feedback
      shares the meaning or idea behind the art you make

      REWORKS: (better word for this?)
      Change if it doesn't work
      paint over something
      try a different color
      do the same thing over several times to look for improvements
      ask for help and ideas from friends

      thoughts?

      Cynthia Gaub
      North Middle School