Cat in Honolulu - a question

  • Marianne Galyk
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 28, 2007

      Dear Cat,
      I tried to email you direct, but since I have a Yahoo address, maybe I got sent to your junk mail.

      I had saved an old post about your recycled dream house project. Would you possibly share the assignment sheets (and rubric if you have one) for that project?I have the Alpha/Beta/Gamma/Delta stuff and thought that was interesting. I would like to try something like this with my Art 8 class.

      Thanks so much.
      Marianne in Ohio
      (with less than 3 weeks until WE'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!! Arrrrgghhhh.............and I'm NOT ready.........)

    • Brandy
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 29, 2007
        http://www.metalwebnews.com/howto/cuttlebone/cuttlebone.html

        Cuttlebone casting!

        I found this site some time ago, but still haven't used it. I am a
        private art teacher, and I'm not sure where I could get a torch to
        melt the metal necessary to make this. I don't feel like the expense
        would be worth it for the one time art project- not to mention I have
        so much other stuff that I already do have it's hard for me to justify
        finding the space in my already crammed garage, but it looked really cool.
        Regards,
        Brandy

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Act Silly 4 Art
        <actsilly4art@...> wrote:

        > I am thinking of doing metalwork with my 8th graders this year and
        thought I had seen a lesson on metal jewelry by one of our list members.
      • kamla ravikumar
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 30, 2007
          Hi,
          I found a lot of online jewellery making tips on the website www.about.com
          They teach metal, beaded and all types of jewellery on the site.
          good luck,
          Kamla

        • OLSON, AMANDA
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
            I saw somewhere you can use the fly melting pots for melting pewter..
            you can buy them at fleet farm.. if you have one of those by you.
            but basically a sporting goods store for men. :) you can also
            I think they are fairly cheap. ive also have been thinking of startin
            a project casting with pewter, but haven't gotten around to check out
            all the supplies etc. just my two cents worth.

            http://www.metalwebnews.com/howto/cuttlebone/cuttlebone.html <http://www.metalwebnews.com/howto/cuttlebone/cuttlebone.html>

            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com <mailto:art_education%40yahoogroups.com> , Act Silly 4 Art