Re: [art_education] Student Teaching Help!

  • gotart04
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26, 2007
      well, the first thing you must do is establsih an
      orderly environment.
      accomplish this with seating charts so it is clear
      youa re in charge, go over your rules and
      expectations..... and get to the good stuff!!!
      my rules in my room are:
      listen
      cooperate
      be respectful
      participate
      and... best efforts, always.
      Hope this helps...
      Chris gotaRT04
      --- sarah <willow_starmoon@...> wrote:

      > Hi my name is Sarah and I'm a soon to be student
      > teacher from
      > Evansville, Indiana. I hope everyone is having a
      > wonderful summer!
      > First, I'd like to say that I have been a member of
      > this group for the
      > 2 years I have been working on my art education
      > degree and I find this
      > group and site to be an invaluable resource. There
      > are so many
      > talented and creative people who post in this
      > group....I only hope
      > someday I'll have something good to add myself!
      >
      > I am excited to begin my student teaching this fall.
      > I have been
      > assigned to an elementary school with grades K-5. I
      > have tried
      > contacting my supervising teacher over the summer,
      > but I have not been
      > successful in reaching her. I've been reading books
      > and checking out
      > some websites, but I thought I remembered awhile
      > back there being a
      > resource for student teachers on the IAD website but
      > I'm having
      > trouble locating it. I'd like to try and get some
      > things ready before
      > the start of the semester and was needing a starting
      > off point.
      > Always be prepared right?
      >
      > Thanks to all for any ideas or suggestions you can
      > throw my way. I am
      > looking forward to making this semester (and the
      > beginnings of my
      > career!) a success.

      Chris
      gotart04@...