Re: [art_education] On Cornell at the Peabody

  • TwoDucks@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2007

      In a message dated 7/25/07 5:09:03 PM, SERGIOLORAwrites:

      interactive site on Joseph Cornell at the Peabody Essex Museum.

      Thanks for that link!  I made the hour and a half drive up there yesterday, and it was quite worth it.  What I liked most was Cornell's two dimensional work, collages.  I had not seen them before.  I was disappointed with I went to the bookshop afterward, as all the Cornell books were about his boxes only.  PEM is sponsoring an exhibit of artists responding to Cornell's work...a friend was asked to make something for that.  I will let you know if I find out more.
      kathy douglas
      k-3 massachusetts retired