Correction - A Different kind of "Quilt"- and the FISH!

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2003
      Dear Friends in Art Education.

      For anyone who who went huh? when they read my last LONG post... I had
      copied
      and pasted some info out of place when I shifted some things around....

      A different type of "Quilt" - mixed media on board - might spark a mural
      idea
      for your building? Calista Bockenstette
      http://fisher.osu.edu/art/bockenstette/bockenstette.htm
      "Business expertise is an art as well as a science. A grid format seemed an
      appropriate way of expressing this diversity......I spiked the grid with
      symbols of our strides in business from earlier in this century, as well as
      many images that I hope will be identified with the present."

      I looked up my Fish Fancy - Charlotte Lees
      http://fisher.osu.edu/art/lees/lees.htm
      Very doable with clay - patterns inspried by nature - patterns inspired by
      cultres
      " I have chosen the fish as my metaphor. Using this recognizable form, I
      integrate designs that find their origins in diverse cultures. Fish Tales
      represents ethnic patterns from African, Inuit, prehistoric, and Asian
      cultures. It retells the story of many people." Storytelling fish!
      If you don't have clay - try paper mache - still doable. Create your own
      kind of animal tales.

      High school teachers in particular (middle school too) - If you are stumped
      for ideas - tour each building - a real "Idea Factory" IAD is interested
      if these artists spark a project.

      This is all from The Art of Leadership -- the start of a Great Site idea now
      for IAD: http://fisher.osu.edu/art/index.html

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Jdecker@...
      http://www.incredibleart.tk