Aboriginal Art- Aboriginal Memorial -Interdisciplinary

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2003
      Dear Friends in Art Education,

      The Aboriginal Memorial of the Ramingining in Central Arnhem Land Has always
      intrigued me:
      http://www.nga.gov.au/memorial/index.html (read the warning - then click
      Site Map at the bottom -- and be awed)
      I sent this link to a few list members not to long ago - but am now
      exploring the site myself...It is a must see stop if you are thinking about
      creating your own kind of "Memorial". Several have suggested using Cardboard
      tubes from Carpet supply stores -- to me, that is OK as long as you do not
      just copy the Aboriginal art (smile - only the Aboriginal people can make
      Aboriginal art).

      Click on Species -- learn about some of the animals...To some members, I
      suggested doing poles for animals of their region - or for endangered
      species. This idea would be appropriate (and they have Fish shown!) Plants
      shown too (gorgeous!) (To navigate -- click on the little arrows to the
      right - then click on the word) I love the lizards too! Snakes! Mammals! No
      need to make a PowerPoint - just use this site.
      Science connections! click on Environments..... Lots of Social Studies....
      Language Arts (read the stories)

      This is just one of many links to explore from this long list:
      http://www.atsic.gov.au/tools/links_list.asp?Category=Arts

      Enjoy!

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Jdecker@...