Richard Serra - Sculpture exhibit at Museum of Modern Art

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2007
      Dear Art Educators,

      I can see the work of Richard Serra inspiring a lesson.....

      Richard Serra Sculpture: Forty Years
      http://www.moma.org/exhibitions/2007/serra/
      Online presentation is in black and white - plenty of color images can
      be found on line.

      From Scout Report (copyright 2007):
      "Richard Serra's work has usually involved very large sculptures, and many of
      them have tested the limits of museum display techniques. Recently, the
      Museum of Modern Art mounted a forty-year survey of Serra's work, and for
      those who can't make it to New York, this online collection is a nice way to
      look at some of the pieces featured at the museum. (review by Max Grinnell)

      More on Richard Serra:
      PBS Art 21:
      http://www.pbs.org/art21/artists/serra/index.html

      Aesthetic issues- Public Art:
      http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/cultureshock/flashpoints/visualarts/tiltedarc_a.html
      "The Tilted Arc, decision prompts general questions about public art,
      an increasingly controversial subject through the late 1980s and early
      1990s in the U.S. and abroad."

      More from Artcyclopedia:
      http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/serra_richard.html

      biographical info from Wikipedia: