For those looking for Russian Art

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2003
      Dear Friends in Art Education

      Many on my Survey were looking for contemporary Russian Art. Here is a
      gallery featuring art of many contemporary artists. I will NOT be putting
      this link on Incredible Art Department...
      Gallery-A
      http://www.gallery-a.ru/index.php?lng=en
      (http://www.gallery-a.ru/ home page)

      I just explored a couple artists from the menu bar at the tops of the page.
      "Buy immediately" will give you many contemporary Russian Impressionistic
      works -- and more.
      Many artists -- you pick ones that interest you.
      http://www.gallery-a.ru/listing.php

      (if you wander to the links page you will see why I am not linking to the
      site)

      I looked at the work of Hudobko Vladimir:
      http://www.gallery-a.ru/painter.php?cmd=biography&aid=064
      some interesting figure works (virtual breakfast - virtual music - etc -
      people working at the computer). There are some nude drawings.

      I found this interesting fish watercolor by clicking on the Watercolors.
      http://www.gallery-a.ru/painter.php?pid=064029&cmd=view
      This reminds me a project I did many moons ago with high school students. We
      floated thinned down car paints on water - swirled them around - laid the
      paper over them to make a print (ha-ha - I thought I invented this idea -
      that was in the 70's - what did I know?). Once our prints dried - we found
      things in them and went into them India ink drawing. I created many sea
      creatures. Those car paints made the BEST patinas for clay busts - so rich
      in layering the metallic colors. Too bad now we can't use them with kids
      (they would be considered a no-no on the list of hazardous materials -- We
      just weren't as careful back in the old days - Safety wasn't taught).

      Beautiful "slice of life" - Needlework by Kalentieva Irina
      http://www.gallery-a.ru/painter.php?cmd=view&rate=no&pid=012037

      Well.... I have enjoyed this site enough for one morning - now it is your
      turn. SAVE the link if it interests you. I have a folder on Russian art -
      that is where I am going to stash it. I just counted the bookmarks I use - I
      have 7 bookmarks - you are already guess two I hope - IAD and Incredible
      Resources (oh - I do have hundreds of other bookmarks but I haven't checked
      any of them in eons)

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Jdecker@...
      http://www.incredibleart.tk

      P.S. Just in case you are wondering....there is a link in the links page to
      "erotic art" - that is a red flag to me. I didn't bother to look any
      further..... I spend lots of time viewing these sites before I link them. I
      think it is worth it. I wouldn't risk taking kids to this stie - you know
      how curious they can be.