Re: Adding to the IAD site

  • Ken Rohrer
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2003
      List members (and Judy),

      As some of you may know, my job has kept me too busy
      to work on the IAD site any longer. (although I still
      tinker with it occassionally) Because I had so many
      e-mails from people saying they wanted the site left
      up, I asked for a volunteer to maintain and add to the
      site. Judy Decker graciously volunteered for this
      position and has been working on it since then.

      As an artist myself, I have decided to give Judy the
      artistic freedom that artists need to change the site
      as she sees fit. I encourage your input on the site to
      improve IAD. Judy- This means that I don't mind you
      adding or changing things on the site without my
      permission. I consider the site in the public domain
      although I do have a copywrite on it to keep it from
      being used inappropriately. Teachers and students- I
      encourage you to copy or use the lessons and other
      material here to enhance your art education.

      I'll use this note as a thank-you to Princetonol.com
      for hosting IAD for free. The site has been bounced
      around due to heavy traffic and hosting companies
      shutting down. Princetonol saved it from shutting
      down. I have placed a big banner for Princetonol on
      the main page as thanks for letting us use their
      server.

      Ken Rohrer
      List "Nanny"
      -------------------------------------
      Judy said...

      (Sorry Ken Rohrer to mess with this page - but that is
      what the Getty member suggested - I also put it on the
      index page for that section - but that isn't what
      comes up on the site).

      Hope this helps. I welcome ALL suggestions on how to
      improve the site - and I do what I can to meet those
      needs.

      P.S. for Ken if you are reading....He had more
      suggestions....but those are for another time. Let's
      see if this helps for now (smile). I will just tell
      you that one was to put the Art Links pages as the
      Resources button....but then there would not be a link
      to my site. As far as I know, he is the only one who
      has even mentioned the Art Links pages. You know why I
      keep them there.

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Jdecker@...
      http://www.incredibleart.tk

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • joyuzsong
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2003
        Dear Ken and Judy,
        I want to thank you both for IAD. My only regret
        is that I didn't know about it years ago because it would have
        helped to enrich my lesson planning and lesson plans even more than
        it does today. I realize that this reads a bit sappy ( and I really
        don't care) but as art teachers we can get very isolated from each
        other. And we end up feeling like we have to re-invent the wheel
        every time we sit down to plan for the next classes.
        The school system where I work in MA, just
        contracted three schools. We lost two part time art teachers. Many
        people were reassigned to different schools and as a result and
        morale within the department is the lowest I have ever witnessed. I
        don't find that good feeling when we meet as a department. The hurt
        and anger is thick.Thank you for the work to keep the site up and
        thanks to everyone on the list for becomming my new support system.

        Carol Campbell