List of Mexican Artists FYI

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28 7:45 PM
      I was just stashing some images away and I spotted a file I had on Mexcian
      Artists - no links - just the names:

      Emilio Baz Viaud (1918-1991)
      Lola Alvarez Bravo (1905-1993)
      Manuel Alvarez Bravo (1902-2002)
      Leonora Carrington (1917-)
      Elena Climent (1955-)
      Miguel Covarrubias (1904-1957)
      Gunther Gerzso (1915-2000)
      María Izquierdo (1902-1955)
      Frida Kahlo (1907-1954)
      Agustín Lazo (1897-1971)
      Carlos Mérida (1891-1984)
      José Clemente Orozco (1883-1949)
      Carlos Orozco Romero (1898-1984)
      Diego Rivera (1886-1957)
      Jesús Reyes Ferreira (1882-1977)
      David Alfaro Siqueiros (1896-1974)
      Juan Soriano (1920-)
      Rufino Tamayo (1899-1991)
      Francisco Toledo (1940-)
      Angel Zárraga (1886-1946)
      Nahum Zenil (1947-)

      More Mexican artists from Artcyclopedia:
      http://www.artcyclopedia.com/nationalities/Mexican.html

      Might give you a place to start for a Hispanic Heritage Month lesson. I know
      one of the resources I posted was weak on names of artists. I have lots of
      links for other artists (and will forward those off list). Recently I
      posted links for Gunther Gerzso (Ken Schwab does a lesson that reminds me of
      Gerzso's work - Ken plans to show the students Gerzo's work when he does it
      again). See Gerzso's work:
      [Mexican Abstract Painter, Born 1915 - 2000].
      http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/gerzso_gunther.html

      (I have more Gerzso links for anyone interested in grabbing images)

      Here is Ken's Lesson plan for you to adapt:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/kencut.htm

      Might help with your planning for next year.

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Jdecker@...
      http://www.incredibleart.tk