OSPI Grant

  • Sheba
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3 9:33 AM
      I checked my work email and got the word that I and 11 other people
      in my district got an OSPI tech grant! woohoo! So it is money ($8500
      each) for training, equipment and sub release time so that I can work
      with 2 specific teachers next year to help them integrate technology
      into their classrooms more. I am going to work with them to do
      podcasts and use a program called inspiration. and maybe more...

      plus it looks for sure that I will NOT have to teach reading again
      next year (thank GOD) and will be all day "Unified Arts" but because
      of the way the kids rotate I will be teaching 6 arts for 1st tri,
      then 4 arts and 2 video productions for 2nd tri and 6 computer techs
      for 3rd tri. the main reason for this is that 2 periods a day I will
      have the same kids ALL YEAR and will need to have a 'different' class
      for them each trimester. and the other 4 periods I get the same kids
      back 3rd tri as I had 1st tri and need to have a 'different class'
      for them too. My principal suggested the video production class
      because drama did not work out so good last year. AND we are getting
      some new video cameras and computers with editing software that are
      dedicated to the cameras. They are "video carts" that are complete
      with everything needed to film and edit that can be checked out of
      the library.... or perhaps during that trimester they will be checked
      out of my classroom... all this is not yet set in stone... but it is
      all looking like it could be a cool year!

      15 days and counting! (18 with extra teacher work days)
      Cynthia Middle School art and tech in WA State