Re: Great one day lessons for fourth grade needed!

  • Amy Broady
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
      Bubble painting involves adding a few drops of dishwashing liquid to
      your paint, which might need to be thinned a bit. (You'll need to
      experiment, of course.) You then use a straw to blow bubbles up over
      the top of the container.

      When the bubbles have formed a nice mound, pat a piece of paper onto
      them. They will transfer to the paper and dry in a lovely pattern.
      You can pat the same paper multiple times to get good coverage. It's
      nice also to have several containers with a range of compatible
      colors (i.e. royal blue, turquoise, and green).

      Each student should have his or her own straw to use, but can switch
      colors with that straw.

      A cool-whip tub works well for this; last time I did it with a class,
      I used yogurt containers, and they were a bit small, but still
      worked. You do not want the container to have a lot in it--I'd say
      maybe 1/4 of the way full or so.

      These paintings are great to cut up for collages, but my students
      were happy to just take them home as a painting.

      HTH,
      Amy in TN