Great one day lessons for fourth grade needed!

  • aliteachesart
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
      Does anyone have a wow lesson that is a one dayer for fourth grade? I've run out of time
      to do my last few projects now that it is fieldtrip season! We could do ATCs but I'd like to
      end with something new. Thanks! Ali B.
    • Amy Broady
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
        It's kind of messy, but the kids would love it:

        SHAVING CREAM MARBLING.

        Let me know if you need more details.

        You could also try blow painting...that's what I did during our big
        standardized testing week when my classes were whittled down to 30
        minutes, back-to-back. The students really enjoyed that.

        You could also try bubble painting.

        Best wishes,
        Amy in TN
      • Vicki Kolden
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
          Bubble painting...sounds cool...what is it?
          Vickie in Mn

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
            Bubble painting involves adding a few drops of dishwashing liquid to
            your paint, which might need to be thinned a bit. (You'll need to
            experiment, of course.) You then use a straw to blow bubbles up over
            the top of the container.

            When the bubbles have formed a nice mound, pat a piece of paper onto
            them. They will transfer to the paper and dry in a lovely pattern.
            You can pat the same paper multiple times to get good coverage. It's
            nice also to have several containers with a range of compatible
            colors (i.e. royal blue, turquoise, and green).

            Each student should have his or her own straw to use, but can switch
            colors with that straw.

            A cool-whip tub works well for this; last time I did it with a class,
            I used yogurt containers, and they were a bit small, but still
            worked. You do not want the container to have a lot in it--I'd say
            maybe 1/4 of the way full or so.

            These paintings are great to cut up for collages, but my students
            were happy to just take them home as a painting.

            HTH,
            Amy in TN