yogurt lids - ideas?

  • Hillmer, Jan
    Message 1 of 6 , May 29, 2007
      Hi everyone,

      I am cleaning out my classroom and I have a kazillion hot pink plastic
      lids approx. 3 1/4" in diameter. Can someone suggest how they could be
      used in an art project? I have had them in my classroom all year and not
      a clue as to how to use them. I am ready to send them to the recycler
      unless I can find a good use in the next 2 days.

      Jan in Tampa
    • MaryAnn F. Kohl

        Message 3 of 6 , May 29, 2007
          How about some student problem solving? Tell them they are to be
          recycling designers and have them come up with their own solutions.
          Modular constructions, art to wear, creature creations,
          toys .... Tell them they can reshape them in any manner, but
          they have to figure out how to assemble the pieces. You could make
          it a team competition.
          Let the kids make the creative choices.

          Patty

          On May 29, 2007, at 3:02 PM, Hillmer, Jan wrote:

          > Hi everyone,
          >
          > I am cleaning out my classroom and I have a kazillion hot pink plastic
          > lids approx. 3 1/4" in diameter. Can someone suggest how they
          > could be
          > used in an art project? I have had them in my classroom all year
          > and not
          > a clue as to how to use them. I am ready to send them to the recycler
          > unless I can find a good use in the next 2 days.
          >
          > Jan in Tampa

        • MaryAnn F. Kohl
          Message 4 of 6 , May 29, 2007
            Re: [art_education] yogurt lids - ideas? I love it! Wonderful challenge.

            Here’s another idea:

            Paint mini-designs or unique individual artworks on each lid,
            and then display them on a huge black background as a group.
            Like a yogurt lid quilt with each one a different treasure of art.

          • Kidlfrndly@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , May 29, 2007
              Can you use something to  link them together, ' 60s beaded curtain-style and and make an installation?

              See what's free at AOL.com.
            • Hillmer, Jan
              Message 6 of 6 , May 30, 2007

                Wow, I’ve already gotten some great ideas! Thanks everyone!

                Jan in Tampa