Folk Art Ceramics Face Jugs Lesson Plan - on IAD

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2003
      (Robin - please post to Getty list)

      Dear Friends in Art Education,

      Robin Gianis has submitted an EXCELLENT lesson plan for Folk Art Ceramic
      Face Vessels:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/robin-face.htm
      This is a lesson that actually bridges many cultures. I have links to Face
      Vessels from other cultures that I will link to this plan - but for now, I
      wanted to get it out to you as quickly as possible. I need to check my links
      to see if they are still current. I will add a "gallery" page of face
      vessels (small images) and African slave pottery as well (fair use -
      aesthetic inquiry).

      This lesson is linked from Middle School Lesson Plans on Incredible Art
      Department - but is adaptable to elementary and high school. I have seen
      this unit done with air dry clay as well. Air dry clay holds together better
      when it is scored and slipped too (add a touch of water and work the
      surface).

      Thank you Robin! This is a plan I have been hoping to add.

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Jdecker@...
      http://www.incredibleart.tk