Aboriginal Canada Portal - Artists

    Message 1 of 1 , May 4 9:32 AM
      Dear Art Educators,

      This site was featured in Scout Report.
      http://www.aboriginalcanada.gc.ca/acp/site.nsf/en/index.html

      I checked many of the artists - ones I checked were kid appropriate:
      http://www.aboriginalcanada.gc.ca/acp/site.nsf/en/ao32102.html
      Site has visual artists, musicians, dancers, performers, actors and
      some writers.

      From Scout Report:

      9. Aboriginal Canada Portal [Macromedia Flash Player]
      http://www.aboriginalcanada.gc.ca/acp/site.nsf/en/index.html

      Learning about native peoples in Canada has never been so easy as with this
      compelling website created by the government of Canada, who worked in
      partnership with the Assembly of First Nations and other stakeholders to
      create this site. Visitors can search the entire site's contents through a
      handy search feature on the homepage, or they can click around within such
      thematic areas as education, claims and treaties, justice and policing, and
      employment. The site also offers information organized by other themes, such
      as "Elders", "Women", "Youth", and "Kids". Also, there is a very impressive
      and frequently updated searchable calendar of aboriginal events and news
      updates. The site is rounded out by a nice "Virtual Tour of Aboriginal
      Canada", which allows visitors to learn about daily life within these
      different communities. [KMG]

      >From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout Project 1994-2007.
      http://scout.wisc.edu/

      Judy Decker

      Rambling from Judy:

      Sorry to post so much in one day (smile)..... I have been "quiet" the
      past few days... been worried about my "grandchildren" - my son's
      fish. We are fishsitting his 75 gallon aquarium. Some of the fish are
      showing signs of illness..... so I have had to take a "crash course"
      in fish disease - researching everything I can on line. There sure is
      a lot to learn.
      They seem to be doing fine now - although one does have a couple white
      specks on his tail (no it isn't Ich). I treated the whole aquarium for
      a fungus - and that wasn't it either.... I treated the whole aquarium
      with salt and raised the temperature... All seem to be doing fine,
      even the fish that are sensitive to salt. Can't quite take your fish
      to the fish vet when something goes wrong (grin). I did have a
      knowledgeable sales person come and look at them. He thought they all
      looked healthy - so the ones that died recently and disappeared must
      have just been fish food (my two large tinfoil barbs and crayfish must
      have had midnight snacks). I did get worried though when one of the
      bosemani rainbows died - he was such a beauty (and too big to have
      been fish food). I bought two more young bosemani and bought some more
      zebra danios (all Matt's zebra's disappeared in a period of a couple
      of weeks). I still have three of the four danios I bought (I know that
      one was fish food as it was very healthy).....So - that is what I have
      been up to.