MS students and colored pencils

  • yrbrownarted
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2007
      I have been working with students all year regarding using colored (watercolors too) without
      a dark graphite pencil mark around the objects--ala coloring book. I tell them that when we
      are focusing on a particular art medium I need to see the medium not the underdrawing. I
      think cognitvely they don't understand that a line or shape against another creates the
      definition that they think can only come from the pencil line. P I am really pushing this with
      the 8th grades because if they pass my class with an "A" or "B" they don't have to take the Art
      Foundation course in high school and get to take an advanced course like photography,
      drawing, painting ,etc. lease share how you get students to stop using those heavy dark
      lines.