Best job search site

  • henlaojim
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2007
      If you are looking for a teaching position I highly recommend
      educationjobs.com where, for a small one time fee they will give you
      links to job search sites in every state and county in Uncle Sam's
      Fair Land. Most of these sites are findable on yor own, but this
      collection is very helpful. I have used it with success in the
      past.

      Florida, Georgia, and a very few other states are easy to move to they
      will give you a provisional certificate more or less automatically and
      give you a reasonable, although not generous time, to make up
      deficiencies. Lamentable, most states insist the you jump through
      various hoops before they give you a certificate, although it is often
      helpful to ask around locally because some states, like Arizona,
      appear to be grimly bureaucratic, but are actually easy to get into.

      Incidentally, never take the claim of many states that they have
      reciprocity in certification because there is almost always a clinker
      inthe rules that means that they really don't but still calim that
      they do. A few states have such strange systems, like Illinois, that
      it is all but impossible to move with any but the most narrow
      certification.