RE: [art_education] Video suggestions needed ASP!

  • Terri Noell
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2 4:45 PM
      Check to see if your scool district has an inner-district library system
      that you check some videos out from...also check your local library and any
      colleges or universities in your area....does the fine arts division of your
      school district have a lending program or contact a couple fo art educators
      at local schools...we do all of that here in florida...we even have a
      borrowing system throughout the state...
      Terri
      K-5 Florida

      >From: "Shellee" <ndclay01@...>
      >To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [art_education] Video suggestions needed ASP!
      >Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 22:08:35 -0000
      >
      >I want to order a few videos for my last few days of classes. What
      >Picasso video would you recommend for 5th and 6th grade? Seventh and
      >eighth graders have been studying Dali, Magritte and Van Gogh
      >recently, what video would your suggest for this age group?
      >
      >Also I am looking for a good series that covers most movements for HS
      >any suggestions? The school I am currently at has no books or videos
      >on art history, not even in the library. Unfortunately, I only have
      >one very slow computer in my room and many sites are BLOCKED! I have
      >tried a few research activities this year but have run up against so
      >many obstacles, either the kids don't have internet at home, or their
      >computer is infected or they were unable to access sites at school,
      >grrrrrrrrr! I have very little available to me to teach art history
      >or appreciation.
      >
      >The school is conservative so I need to be careful about what I
      >display and what I introduce.
      >
      >Thanks for your help,
      >Shellee

      Download Messenger. Join the i�m Initiative. Help make a difference today.