Re:Help wth grant

  • eduk8r2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2007
      I found this article last summer.  It was in the New York Times in July:
       Guggenheim Museum Announces Findings of Study Evaluating Impact of Arts Education on Literacy
      Results suggest arts education increases fundamental literacy skills in elementary school students...
      The Guggenheim's program Learning Through Art was created by a museum trustee in 1970 when New York schools were cutting art and music programs.  Since it began, it has involved more than 130,000 students  in dozens of public schools.  The museum dispatches artists who spend one day a week at schools over a 10 or 20 week period helping students and teachers learn about and make art.  Rebecca Shulman Herz is the Manager of LTA and was responsible for the supervision of the LTA's recent research
      For Press Information:
      Betsy Ennis
      Public Affairs
      Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
      Telephone : 212/423.3840
      To obtain a copy of the study, please contact:
      Rebecca Shulman Herz
      The first year research report can also be found at www.learningthroughart.org

      Good luck with that grant!
      Diane