need mother's day ideas
- I did a mother's day project for first grade and kindergarten called
POP Art Mom's. We looked at the artwork of Andy Warhal and talked
about how he used color and repeated and image over and over. Then I
gave each student four pieces of construction paper (that when put
together equaled a 12x18 sheet of paper)and construction paper
crayons. I had them draw their moms using bright colors four
different times and we glued them down to a 12x18 sheet of paper. I
gave them each a pre cut matt frame and had them decorate it for
mother's day. I also sent home an explaination of the project telling
the mom's exactly what we were learning about and I also included a
picture of one of Andy Warhol's pieces. The mom's though it was
adorable and the kids were pretty successful.
Jill in St. Louis
--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, "nancylvsart" <nancylvsart@...>
> Any cool new ideas besides paper flowers & the usual?
> Thanks in advance!:)Nancy
- In a message dated 4/29/2007 6:34:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time, nancylvsart@... writes:
Any cool new ideas besides paper flowers & the usual?
Thanks in advance!:)NancyMy itinerant makes Mother's Day Treasure Boxes. She has students start bringing in shoe boxes etc--anything with a lid. Then the students you a range of pasta, dried beans, rice etc to createradial designs and ornate borders with the loot of "stuff. After all is dried--they are taken outside andSPONSORED LINKStaken outside and sprayed gold. I suggested the students brush on goldacrylic paint--either way works. Then when all is dry--students write why theirmoms are "treasures" to them --one treasure per piece of paper and those arefolded neatly and placed in the box. Can you see the tears on Mother's Day?Maria-Virginia
See what's free at AOL.com.
- We are doing self-portraits right now- great gifts! The kinders looked in mirrors and drew
with pencil, then traced with blck marker (I sometimes wish I traced to edit a few lines for
the ones that get carried away) these are photo copied into class coloring books. The
original is colored the next class (a great book The Colors of Us by Karen Katz). The first
graders used the mirrors and drew on transparency fim with black sharpie marker, turned
them over and covered the back with tissue squares and mod podge. We used light colors
so the faces really stand out. Ali B.
- Hi,How about Fabric painted T-shirts telling Mom ..."You are the greatest".or " The best Mom ever".I am sure every Mom would love to wear a T-shirt like that .Kamla
Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?
Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
- For boxes to use in altered art, shrines, memory boxes, etc. go to a near by cigarette store they have tons of the little cigarillo boxes. I didn't know they came in different flavors so the boxes have strawberry, grape and other fruity smells. I got 53 one day for a project. Now I am not sure I can fit the lesson in this year but I will have them for next year. My students saw all of them and though my family smoked a lot! Wanda
- I went ahead and put up two Mona Lisa Mother's Day T-shirts on IAD at
If anyone has any personal requests for a Mother's Day item, let me know.
--- In email@example.com, kamla ravikumar <kamla_rk@...>
>greatest".or " The best Mom ever".
> How about Fabric painted T-shirts telling Mom ..."You are the
> I am sure every Mom would love to wear a T-shirt like that .
> Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?
> Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.