need mother's day ideas

  • nancylvsart
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 29, 2007
      Any cool new ideas besides paper flowers & the usual?

      Thanks in advance!:)Nancy
    • daughertyjm79
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 29, 2007
        I did a mother's day project for first grade and kindergarten called
        POP Art Mom's. We looked at the artwork of Andy Warhal and talked
        about how he used color and repeated and image over and over. Then I
        gave each student four pieces of construction paper (that when put
        together equaled a 12x18 sheet of paper)and construction paper
        crayons. I had them draw their moms using bright colors four
        different times and we glued them down to a 12x18 sheet of paper. I
        gave them each a pre cut matt frame and had them decorate it for
        mother's day. I also sent home an explaination of the project telling
        the mom's exactly what we were learning about and I also included a
        picture of one of Andy Warhol's pieces. The mom's though it was
        adorable and the kids were pretty successful.

        Jill in St. Louis

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "nancylvsart" <nancylvsart@...>

      • Smth06192000@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 30, 2007
          In a message dated 4/29/2007 6:34:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time, nancylvsart@... writes:

          Any cool new ideas besides paper flowers & the usual?

          Thanks in advance!:)Nancy

          My itinerant makes Mother's Day Treasure Boxes. She has students start bringing in shoe boxes etc--anything with a lid. Then the students you a range of pasta, dried beans, rice etc to create
          radial designs and ornate borders with the loot of "stuff. After all is dried--they are ta
          Yahoo! Movies

          Get famous!

          Get on the MTV

          Movie Awards!

          Ads on Yahoo!

          Learn more now.

          Reach customers

          searching for you.

          Share Ideas

          Publish your own

          blog with Yahoo

          Web Hosting.

          ken outside and
          taken outside and sprayed gold. I suggested the students brush on gold
          acrylic paint--either way works. Then when all is dry--students write why their
          moms are "treasures" to them --one treasure per piece of paper and those are
          folded neatly and placed in the box. Can you see the tears on Mother's Day?

          Maria-Virginia

          See what's free at AOL.com.
        • aliteachesart
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 30, 2007
            We are doing self-portraits right now- great gifts! The kinders looked in mirrors and drew
            with pencil, then traced with blck marker (I sometimes wish I traced to edit a few lines for
            the ones that get carried away) these are photo copied into class coloring books. The
            original is colored the next class (a great book The Colors of Us by Karen Katz). The first
            graders used the mirrors and drew on transparency fim with black sharpie marker, turned
            them over and covered the back with tissue squares and mod podge. We used light colors
            so the faces really stand out. Ali B.
          • kamla ravikumar
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 30, 2007
              Hi,

              How about Fabric painted T-shirts telling Mom ..."You are the greatest".or " The best Mom ever".
              I am sure every Mom would love to wear a T-shirt like that .

              Kamla

              Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
            • Wanda Smith
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 30, 2007
                For boxes to use in altered art, shrines, memory boxes, etc. go to a near by cigarette store they have tons of the little cigarillo boxes. I didn't know they came in different flavors so the boxes have strawberry, grape and other fruity smells. I got 53 one day for a project. Now I am not sure I can fit the lesson in this year but I will have them for next year.  My students saw all of them and though my family smoked a lot! Wanda
              • Ken
                Message 7 of 7 , May 1, 2007
                  I went ahead and put up two Mona Lisa Mother's Day T-shirts on IAD at
                  http://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?sid=56602

                  If anyone has any personal requests for a Mother's Day item, let me know.

                  Ken

                  --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, kamla ravikumar <kamla_rk@...>