Re: [art_education] Re:plaster cast hands

  • Sherri Treeby
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 28, 2007
      I am a bronze sculptor in addition to being a high school art teacher.  I use Dental plaster
      at about $20 per 100lbs.  I get it at United Building Centers here in SD or have picked it up at Sculpture Depot in Loveland, CO.  It goes avery long way.
      Use straws to breathe on face masks, and vaseline as a release (light coat). Picks up very fine detail.  Ask if you need more details....
      Sherri - SD

      Lee & Kathleen Day <neato23@...> wrote:
      I have been leading kids to cast their arms, hands, and faces using plaster wrap only, and it is not very acceptable detail-wise, so I was glad to see a method for casting more details using dental alginate.  However, when I looked up the cost, I was amazed-- it looks like it would cost close to $10 per student for this project for the supplies-- is that right?  I feel badly pushing a $1.50 EZ cut block print project past the adminstration. Is there any way to cast with more details withour spending so much.  Thanks.  Kathleen

      Sherri T.

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.