cleaning permanent marker

  • Marcia
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 24, 2007
      Hello there. How do you get permanent marker, paint stains and glue stains off of the
      tables? Do you have any super powered spray that gets rid of the grime? We don't have a
      custodian so I can't ask them. Marcia
    • SUSAN STEVENS
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 24, 2007
        Have you tried the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers? They work
        good on permanent marker and some paint...not sure
        about glue.

        --- Marcia <marciadotcom@...> wrote:

        > Hello there. How do you get permanent marker, paint
        > stains and glue stains off of the
        > tables? Do you have any super powered spray that
        > gets rid of the grime? We don't have a
        > custodian so I can't ask them. Marcia

      • Patricia Jones Brigman
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 24, 2007
          I like Goof Off (got mine at Lowe's).  Smells pretty bad...don't let the kids use it.  I always wear gloves when I use it, too.  It removes Sharpie and acrylic and just about everything else.  That's my end of the year cleaner.
          Good luck.
          Patti

          Patti Brigman
          Art Teacher
          Walker Elementary

          Hello there. How do you get permanent marker, paint stains and glue stains off of the
          tables? Do you have any super powered spray that gets rid of the grime? We don't have a
          custodian so I can't ask them. Marcia

        • Mikel Lee
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 24, 2007
            Amonia works really well OR.. Plain ole alcohol will
            take off permanent marker. Then buy one of those razor
            blade scrapers and spray down the table with any
            cleaner and then scrape the glue and paint off.
            - Mikel in OK

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • smjahnle@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 25, 2007
              In a message dated 4/24/2007 11:11:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time, mikellee31@... writes:
              How do you get permanent marker, paint
              > stains and glue stains off of the
              > tables? Do you have any super powered spray that
              > gets rid of the grime? We don't have a
              > custodian so I can't ask them. Marcia

              Hi Marcia - Try a liquid cleaner called "Goof Off" which you may find in the hardware store.  Just a little bit on a rag or sponge takes up everything - permanent marker, glues, etc.  It does have a strong odor, so open a window.  Good luck, Sandy J

              See what's free at AOL.com.
            • ginamarie yacovelli
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 25, 2007
                in the northeast here we have greased lighting.
                I have no idea what is in ti but it cleans everything.
                even glue from tables.

                here is their website maybe it is in a store near you.

                http://www.glblast.com/

                I usually get it at home depot or kmart.

                Gina in NJ

                mikellee31@... writes:
                > How do you get permanent marker, paint
                > > stains and glue stains off of the
                > > tables? Do you have any super powered spray that
                > > gets rid of the grime? We don't have a
                > > custodian so I can't ask them. Marcia

                Hi Marcia - Try a liquid cleaner called "Goof Off" which you may find
                in the hardware store.  Just a little bit on a rag or sponge takes up
                everything - permanent marker, glues, etc.  It does have a strong odor,
                so open a window.  Good luck, Sandy J

                See what's free at AOL.com.
              • linda
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 25, 2007
                  Comet or Ajax removes permanent pen very easily. Just t tiny bit is all
                  you need or you will spend a long time getting rid of the gritty residue
                  from it. It also bleaches away any colored stains that have gotten into
                  the formica table tops.
                • Mikel Lee
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 28, 2007
                    Be careful with the spitfire because a lot of kids
                    have adverse skin reactions when they put their arms
                    on the tables. Maybe you could rinse them?
                    - Mikel

                    By

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • cath910@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 4, 2007
                      does anyone know how to get permanent marker off of clothing? Thanks

                      See what's free at AOL.com.