need your expertise

  • Julie Casebourn
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 3, 2007
      My principal has given me the green light to order all new tables for my art room.  I teach k-6... so have teeny weenies up to large bodies sharing the space.  Here is some of the conditions I have in my head:
      If I can avoid having reinforcement bars under the tables (elementary kids kick them) that would be preferable.
      Something that cleans up easily; especially dried acrylic paint.
      A surface that doesn't scratch easily.
      A product that will last.
      Approximately $500 or less per table (is this wishful thinking?)

      Any suggestions on style, brand, catalog etc... would be MOST appreciated.
      thanks, Julie

      The fish are biting.
    • Mr. Icko Gonzalez
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 4, 2007
        You know, i've posted the same question before, BUT nobody really
        answered...didn't fet a single reply.... =(

        i suggest looking at catalogs online...that's what I did, but even
        that didn't help cause they are SO expensive...

        so....i'd still look around... MAYBE, what works best for you is best.
        EVEN those regular foldable tables at cosco...

        just a thought...

        Mr. G
      • Hillmer, Jan
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 4, 2007

          Hi Mr. G,

          If there’s any way to get tables designed for a Science lab, go for it!  The surface of those tables is strong and not easily marred.  Also try to get tables that are very sturdy.  Almost all of the tables in my classroom are old and wobbly.

          Jan

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 6, 2007
            Thanks Jan! I'll keep that in mind. =)

            Mr. G

            --
            Icko Gonzalez ><>
            (671) 632-FISH

            "How great is the Love the Father has lavished on us, that we should
            be called children of God! And that IS what we are!"...
            - 1 John 1:3