Miami Conference

  • StudioAnaMaria@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2002
      Sharing this time with people who understand us and seeing what everyone else
      around the world is doing (I met a teachers from Panama, Puerto Rico and
      Japan).
      Of course Binney and Smith went all out again this year.

      There Georgia O'Keeffe Museum Leadership Program for Girls seemed
      worthy of mentioning - And Crizmac now has an adventure to tour to the Museum
      for teachers. www.o'keeffemuseum.org

      I also found the presentation on the Japanese Manga very very interesting.
      She didn't have handouts and it was hard to understand but she presented the
      origin and characteristics of this type of cartoon and how it has developed
      into a popular form.
      But the question was ...if it should be included in the Japanese Curriculum.
      I didn't know anything about this except that alot of my students are drawing
      these figures.

      That's my two cents.
      Anny