Re: Phys Ed./Health + Art

  • createlikecrazy
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 3, 2007
      Hi Sarah! The Circus is a great way to integrate phys ed and visual arts. I worked with the
      Phys ed teachers at my school, they taught the kids to juggle and do a varitey of diffferent
      acts. We would juggle before we worked, a great way to get the brain cells working! We put
      on an entire circus! The Art Club painted beautiful large circus posters (4X6 feet). It was
      amazing. You should also check out the Ringling Brothers website, it may be called
      circusworks (???). I attended a workshop this winter in NYC put on on by Circus Works - it
      was great fun! Good Luck! Susan

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "sarah" <willow_starmoon@...> wrote:

      > Hey there everyone! I hope everyone is having a fun and creative
      > year! My name is Sarah and I'm a pre-service teacher from IN. I've
      > been a member of this group for a while, and I've learned so many
      > great things from previous posts. However, I've come up against a
      > block. I'm trying to find a way to integrate P.E./Health with Visual
      > Arts. Some kind of quick lesson or activity (high school level).
      > I've done some researching online, but I'm just having trouble putting
      > my finger on it. Anyone have any experience doing this before? I
      > appreciate any advice or links you can send my way. Thanks in advance...

    • Julie Casebourn
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 3, 2007
        My principal has given me the green light to order all new tables for my art room.  I teach k-6... so have teeny weenies up to large bodies sharing the space.  Here is some of the conditions I have in my head:
        If I can avoid having reinforcement bars under the tables (elementary kids kick them) that would be preferable.
        Something that cleans up easily; especially dried acrylic paint.
        A surface that doesn't scratch easily.
        A product that will last.
        Approximately $500 or less per table (is this wishful thinking?)

        Any suggestions on style, brand, catalog etc... would be MOST appreciated.
        thanks, Julie

        The fish are biting.
      • Mr. Icko Gonzalez
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 4, 2007
          You know, i've posted the same question before, BUT nobody really
          answered...didn't fet a single reply.... =(

          i suggest looking at catalogs online...that's what I did, but even
          that didn't help cause they are SO expensive...

          so....i'd still look around... MAYBE, what works best for you is best.
          EVEN those regular foldable tables at cosco...

          just a thought...

          Mr. G
        • Hillmer, Jan
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 4, 2007

            Hi Mr. G,

            If there’s any way to get tables designed for a Science lab, go for it!  The surface of those tables is strong and not easily marred.  Also try to get tables that are very sturdy.  Almost all of the tables in my classroom are old and wobbly.

            Jan

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 6, 2007
              Thanks Jan! I'll keep that in mind. =)

              Mr. G

              --
              Icko Gonzalez ><>
              (671) 632-FISH

              "How great is the Love the Father has lavished on us, that we should
              be called children of God! And that IS what we are!"...
              - 1 John 1:3