Re: [art_education] Phys Ed./Health + Art

  • Eileen Ciavarella
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 3, 2007
      What a great idea! I am doing a unit on figure drawing and we are starting
      with gestures. I'm going to see if the gym class will let us sketch them.
      Thanks for the idea.

      Eileen
      Pequannock, NJ

      >From: Lenny Sanz <elfbab@...>
      >To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [art_education] Phys Ed./Health + Art
      >Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 19:56:52 -0400
      >
      >Several years back on a nice spring day,
      >the art students went outside with the PE students
      >and did figure sketches of them playing ball.
      >Then the PE's switched with the art students
      >(being that they were all also art students),
      >and did the same. There were some
      >very nice results.
      >
      >Donna, NY
      >

      >On Monday, April 2, 2007, at 06:01 PM, sarah wrote:
      >
      >>Hey there everyone! I hope everyone is having a fun and creative
      >>year! My name is Sarah and I'm a pre-service teacher from IN. I've
      >>been a member of this group for a while, and I've learned so many
      >>great things from previous posts. However, I've come up against a
      >>block. I'm trying to find a way to integrate P.E./Health with Visual
      >>Arts. Some kind of quick lesson or activity (high school level).
      >>I've done some researching online, but I'm just having trouble putting
      >>my finger on it. Anyone have any experience doing this before? I
      >>appreciate any advice or links you can send my way. Thanks in advance...

      $771/month*
    • createlikecrazy
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 3, 2007
        Hi Sarah! The Circus is a great way to integrate phys ed and visual arts. I worked with the
        Phys ed teachers at my school, they taught the kids to juggle and do a varitey of diffferent
        acts. We would juggle before we worked, a great way to get the brain cells working! We put
        on an entire circus! The Art Club painted beautiful large circus posters (4X6 feet). It was
        amazing. You should also check out the Ringling Brothers website, it may be called
        circusworks (???). I attended a workshop this winter in NYC put on on by Circus Works - it
        was great fun! Good Luck! Susan

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "sarah" <willow_starmoon@...> wrote:

        > Hey there everyone! I hope everyone is having a fun and creative
        > year! My name is Sarah and I'm a pre-service teacher from IN. I've
        > been a member of this group for a while, and I've learned so many
        > great things from previous posts. However, I've come up against a
        > block. I'm trying to find a way to integrate P.E./Health with Visual
        > Arts. Some kind of quick lesson or activity (high school level).
        > I've done some researching online, but I'm just having trouble putting
        > my finger on it. Anyone have any experience doing this before? I
        > appreciate any advice or links you can send my way. Thanks in advance...

      • Julie Casebourn
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 3, 2007
          My principal has given me the green light to order all new tables for my art room.  I teach k-6... so have teeny weenies up to large bodies sharing the space.  Here is some of the conditions I have in my head:
          If I can avoid having reinforcement bars under the tables (elementary kids kick them) that would be preferable.
          Something that cleans up easily; especially dried acrylic paint.
          A surface that doesn't scratch easily.
          A product that will last.
          Approximately $500 or less per table (is this wishful thinking?)

          Any suggestions on style, brand, catalog etc... would be MOST appreciated.
          thanks, Julie

          The fish are biting.
        • Mr. Icko Gonzalez
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 4, 2007
            You know, i've posted the same question before, BUT nobody really
            answered...didn't fet a single reply.... =(

            i suggest looking at catalogs online...that's what I did, but even
            that didn't help cause they are SO expensive...

            so....i'd still look around... MAYBE, what works best for you is best.
            EVEN those regular foldable tables at cosco...

            just a thought...

            Mr. G
          • Hillmer, Jan
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 4, 2007

              Hi Mr. G,

              If there’s any way to get tables designed for a Science lab, go for it!  The surface of those tables is strong and not easily marred.  Also try to get tables that are very sturdy.  Almost all of the tables in my classroom are old and wobbly.

              Jan

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 6, 2007
                Thanks Jan! I'll keep that in mind. =)

                Mr. G

                --
                Icko Gonzalez ><>
                (671) 632-FISH

                "How great is the Love the Father has lavished on us, that we should
                be called children of God! And that IS what we are!"...
                - 1 John 1:3