Sites of interest (Books - Collage - Illustration)

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2007
      Dear Art Educators,

      Sergio sent me some sites that might be of interest to you. I decided
      to put them in one post.

      Turning the Pages from the British Library
      http://www.bl.uk/onlinegallery/ttp/ttpbooks.html

      View high quality images of great books - including a notebooks from
      Leonardo and Blake.
      There is also a beautiful Renaissance book of hours. Site uses
      Shockwave. You can use "magnifying glass" to zoom in on the page.

      Daily Collage - several blog sites (an exercise is art making)
      Daily Collage Blog:
      http://www.daily-collage.blogspot.com/

      Daily Collage Project:
      http://dailycollageproject.blogspot.com/

      A Collage a Day:
      http://acollageaday.blogspot.com/

      Illustration - Art of Jan Lewitt and George Him
      "A rare 1938 children's book, originally written in Polish but
      translated over the years into several languages, Locomotive, The
      Turnip and The Birds' Broadcast is a collection of rhymes by Julian
      Tuwim."
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/bredlo/sets/72157600013984249/
      "Lewitt and Him were designers and artists working together in the
      1930's, and because their artwork reflected equal parts of each of
      them, they referred to themselves by the name Lewitt-Him."

      Enjoy the surf,