Re: [art_education] Preschool lesson for Van Gogh's ROOM

  • MaryAnn F. Kohl
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2007
      Re: [art_education] Preschool lesson for Van Gogh's  ROOM Preschool? Talk about their own rooms. Lots of brainstorming. Get ready.
      They will love talking about their own rooms. All this, and show them Van
      Gogh’s room == his painting. They can draw or paint their own rooms. Maybe
      they could use some black markers to outline important objects. Though they
      should not bother to copy Van Gogh’s work, they can look closely at his work
      as inspiration for their own work.

      Or, you can use very thick paints and they can apply paint like the
      “impasto” Van Gogh used (very thick tempera will do for preschool), or
      fingerpaints, and they can paint anything...use sticks or flat plastic
      knives to apply paint, or fingers.

      MaryAnn

      On  4/1/07 1:09 PM,  Jennifer Freck  jennarations@...  wrote:

      Hi everyone, I'm sharing this painting, Room at Arles by Van Gogh, with a
      group of  preschoolers :) tomorrow.  I have some ideas in mind, such as
      talking  about line and cool colors...however do any of you have a lesson
      plan  for this painting that I can gear towards this age group?  Any art
      project ideas associated with this painting?

      Thanks for all of your help!  We're developing an art appreciation  program
      in our preschool that will get parents also interested in  volunteering in
      the elementary schools' art docent programs - :) Jenna in Alameda, CA
    • Jennifer Freck