Re: [art_education] Elementary Art Schedules

  • rebeccacox42@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 30, 2007
      I teach 4th, 5th and 6th grades.  We have three "special areas" in my school: Art, Music and P.E, so we have a three week rotation in our schedule.  I see the same group of kids for 5 days in a row, then the schedule rotates.  For example, I see 3 6th grades, 2 4th grades, and 2 fifth grades a day for 45 minutes.

      The thing I love about this schedule is that I see the same kids 5 days in a row, which helps my planning because most projects I do require more than 1 day.  I think this helps the kids remember more of what I've taught, instead of seeing them once a week and having to pick up where they left off a week ago.

      Hope this helps!

      Rebecca Cox