What Paintings would make a good movie?

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2007
      Dear Art Educators,

      Here is a message I wrote a few days ago but never sent....

      A Thomas Kincade painting ("Christmas Cottage") is inspiration for a
      holiday movie (one of those made for TV movies). What paintings do you
      think would make a good movie? Might be fun to assign this to your
      students - Have them pick out one painting and write what the movie
      would be - and even select a cast for it.

      Here are David Gran's selections (Carrot Revolution Blog):
      http://carrotrevolution.blogspot.com/
      Scroll down to "The Movie Version"

      He found this on Modern Art Notes, Tyler Green's Blog:
      http://www.artsjournal.com/man/2007/03/top_five_paintings_into_movies.html

      Thanks David for including this in your blog. Folks are always looking
      for ways to make art history/art appreciation/art criticism fun.

      Incredible Art Resources