Independence Days

  • Charlot Cassar
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2001
      Hi everyone,

      I am in Malta, Europe, a very small island which got its independence in
      1964. Celebrations are usually limited to a few parades - definitely not on
      a big scale though. It is celebrated on the 21st September. It really is not
      much of a big deal... maybe because of all the feasts that are traditionally
      celebrated almost every weekend throughout summer... those usually involve
      loads of fireworks... each village has its own festa as we call them, and
      there is much competition between the villages... not for me personally, but
      they are extremely popular with a lot of people and tourists...

      regards

      charlot