Art Opening!

  • Jessica
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 7, 2007
      Hello all,

      I have some great news! I went to the UNI Overseas teaching fair in
      early February, and I recently got a job offer in Seoul, Korea! I
      will be teaching middle and high school art at Seoul Foreign School,
      and leave the beginning of August. I'm very, very excited as this
      was "the" school I wanted to teach at.

      This also brings me to the next point- the school that I am
      currently teaching at is looking for a new art teacher. I teach in
      Owatonna MN, which is about a 1/2 hour south of Minneapolis/St.
      Paul. It's a .5 position teaching 8th grade Art, which isn't always
      ideal- however the secretaries are very good at asking me to sub in
      the mornings. The faculty is fantastic and very friendly, and the
      administration is supportive. There is also a full-time art teacher
      at the Jr. High who is amazing! I truly wish I could pack her in my
      bags and bring her to Seoul with me. :-) If anyone is looking for
      an art job, please pass this on or reply to me OFF list.

      Also, I'd love any advice that people have about moving out of the
      U.S. for two years, or about Seoul!

      thanks,
      jessica
    • Ken Rohrer
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 8, 2007
        Thanks Jessica. And if anyone knows of any other
        openings, post them here or on
        http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/jobs/openings.html

        Ken Rohrer
        List Moderator
      • Jennifer Auble
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 8, 2007
          part-time position at Westfield Middle School in Westfield IN
          the position will expand to full time as enrollment grows,
          double-licenced teachers might teach full day in their other licence
          area

          >>> Ken Rohrer <kenroar@...> 3/8/2007 12:31 PM >>>
          Thanks Jessica. And if anyone knows of any other
          openings, post them here or on
          http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/jobs/openings.html

          Ken Rohrer
          List Moderator
        • Ken Rohrer
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 9, 2007
            Jennifer,

            Your district has had many openings the past few
            months. Are you opening new schools or having a high
            turnover?

            Ken Rohrer

            ---------------------------

            Posted by: "Jennifer Auble" aublej@...
            vango57
            Thu Mar 8, 2007 11:18 am (PST)
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 10, 2007
              Growing gangbusters!! I was the original 5-8 teacher at one time and
              now I only teach 8th grade and have a very full load. Our district is a
              strong supporter of the arts also which helps us to continually expand
              and improve our visual arts department. Next year, we are reorganizing
              at the 7/8 level and offering a choice of 2-D or 3-D art to 8th graders
              rather than just one trimester of general art. Those who want may take
              both classes. I am very excited about the direction we are heading. If
              anyone has any questions, have them contact me off line.
              Jennie