Preschool art Education/new member

  • Jennifer Freck
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2007
      Hi art educators, I new to this list - an art docent in the Alameda,
      Ca elementary schools for 8 years now. My youngest is going to a
      cooperative preschool here in Alameda. As a part of the curriculum,
      I'd like to introduce works of art to the kids in a similar fashion
      that we do in the elementary schools, just simplified for their
      attention spans. The interest is there - on the kids and the parents
      parts, so I'm eager to get started. From your experience, which
      artists and prints would you suggest I start out with? Any
      suggestions are very much welcome! I'm looking at Matisse, Picasso,
      Monet, and Van Gogh...as some of the many artists. We'll do a
      discussion and have the painting up for a week for the kids to
      observe and do follow up projects. Any suggestions on the pre school
      level would be much appreciated.
      Thanks so much!!
      Jenna Freck