Guerrilla Girls events/online resource guide for teachers

  • Pam
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2007
      I thought you might like to see an article about some events that I
      am co-hosting this week on campus. This is a project that has been a
      year in the making and we raised almost $14,000 to make it possible.

      We are having a month-long art exhibition which entailed overseeing
      the curatorial, educational, and installation duties, an evening
      performance for 900 people, a workshop taught by the Guerrilla Girls
      for 30 art students, and a catered reception in the gallery with the
      Guerrilla Girls.

      http://news.azdailysun.com/non_sec/nav_includes/story.cfm?
      storyID=147141&syr=2007

      A photo in the article gives a glimpse into how the exhibition space
      is designed. The green wall that you'll see in the photo has a title
      that is 8" tall x 6 1/2' wide. The silhouette is painted directly
      onto the wall.

      Here is the teacher resource guide. http://www.nau.edu/human/gg.pdf
      It takes a while to load.

      The final event is Friday evening. That's when I will breathe a sigh
      of relief!

      Pam