Re: [art_education] Need Ceramic Lesson Plan for middle School

  • Kelli Wilke
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2007
      Rebecca,
      My kids seem to like making ceramic rattles.  Make two pinch pots, add some clay pieces to the inside, attach them together to form a ball. The clay pieces inside rattle after it's been fired. Then the kids have to turn the rattle into something.  One student right before christmas made a "fat elf".  It was hysterical.  He added pointy ears, hat, pointy shoes, etc.  He had a lot of fun.  They can learn about the pinch pot process, applique process, coils, scoring, and so on.
      Kelli in NE

      Rebecca Aranyi <miaya_mom@...> wrote:
      Help!
      I need a good ceramics lesson for one of my classes. I have two classes that have basically becoming a dumping ground for students.
      I have a mix of 6th-8th grade EC students, and a mixture of 7th grade related-arts rotational students.  They are small classes (less than 8), but all over the place as far as ability goes.  Any suggestions?
      I have clay, slab roller, glazes galore, and a kiln so materials are no problem.
      Thanks!!!
      Have a creative day,
      Becky
      rlaranyi@twistedfib erarts.com