[BULK] RE: [art_education] uses for broken crayons,,,

  • KATHY TROTT
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2007
      I will piggy back onto idea #1...I use those pieces of wax paper melts
      as inserts for a mosaic on black kraft paper. It gives a stain glass
      window effect and light shines through the wax paper/crayon like a stain
      glass window. Simply cut out the design you want on the black kraft
      paper and use it as a pattern to cut out larger versions on the wax
      paper, then glue it to one side of the kraft paper. It positively
      glows.
      Kathy

      >>> jenmillward@... 02/05/07 8:52 AM >>>
      8. Make a sculpture out of old crayons.

      9. We shave crayons for coloring Easter eggs. Heat up water in a large
      tin
      can using a double-boiler sort of system (can with water in it inside a
      pot
      with a few inches in it. Sprinkle a few shavings in the water and then
      dip a
      room-temperature boiled egg just below the surface of the water using
      an egg
      dipper. Swirl around, take out of water and set somewhere to cool and
      dry.

      10.